Become a Young Barnet Foundation School Partner
Young Barnet Foundation (YBF) is committed to growing local activities and opportunities for struggling, vulnerable children and young people in Barnet.
A child's life is influenced by their home, school and community environments. By working together, we believe that we can create safer, stronger, more connected communities so all our children and young people thrive - and we want you to be part of that.
There is no charge to join Young Barnet Foundation and your school will become part of a thriving network bringing about positive social change and greater representation for the children and young people of Barnet.
Add your school's voice and experience to our network of hundreds of other Barnet organisations and connect with Young Barnet Foundation members and local voluntary sector organisations to enhance the support, opportunities and enriching activities available to your most vulnerable pupils.
Benefits for your school
Be more connected to your local community
No cost involved
Unlock access to funding to support your most vulnerable pupils by working in partnership with the voluntary sector
Access our network of Supplementary Schools to support your pupils who have English as a second or additional language
Contribute to and receive our monthly newsletter
Potential work experience/volunteering/Duke of Edinburgh opportunities for your pupils via our members and partners
Promote your space and community events through Young Barnet Foundation's newsletters and social media channels
Use of our logo on your website and promotional materials
Young Barnet Foundation offer
Introductions to YBF voluntary sector members that we think will complement your location/pupils/needs
Joint school/voluntary sector project funding and bid-writing support including 1:1 planning and review sessions (subject to availability)
Regular networking events with YBF's voluntary sector members, strategic partners and other schools to share ideas, best practice and explore local partnership opportunities
Access to sector-specific training opportunities and resources that will support your staff and benefit your pupils
In return we'd love it if your school could;
• Get involved with local fundraising initiatives to enhance our Space2Grow Children & Young People’s Fund, and Christmas Gift Campaign, which in turn supports our most vulnerable children
• Champion our work and the work of our members and partners within your networks to galvanise wider strategic support for local groups
• Embrace the ethos of ‘Generous Leadership’ to support us, our members and partners by sharing expertise, learning, and experience
• Explore development opportunities to make our community safer, stronger and more connected
• Actively support our work to listen to the children and young people of Barnet through our Youth Voice project
• Help us to develop a strong, trained network of youth leaders
• Agree to support the values and aims of the Barnet Voluntary Sector Manifesto which can be viewed and signed up to here
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a chat or request further information.