Space2Grow #20 - 2021 Main Grant
Space2Grow#20 is Young Barnet Foundation's 2021 Main Grant funding round. It is open to members to apply for funding to deliver activities and services to children and young people across Barnet.
Young Barnet Foundation Members are invited to apply for a share of £70,000 of funding, with grants of £2,500 to £8,000 awarded per project.
Application open date: Wednesday 4th November 2021
Closing Date: Sunday 12th December 2021 at 11.59pm
Total Amount Available to Award: £70,000
Maximum award per project: £8,000
Independent Panel Meeting: Week commencing 10th January 2022
Awards Announced: Week commencing 17th January 2022
Members must apply to deliver projects against one of the following themes;
• Develop emotional wellbeing and resilience which assists in resolving problems without the need for escalation to statutory services and interventions
• Enhance the ability of children and young people to partake in positive physical and creative activities in an environment in which they feel secure
• Help children and young people develop enhanced Life Skills and Build Confidence
• Promote Community Cohesion and demonstrates social engagement
• Provides Employability support and future Career Advice
Applications must also demonstrate at least one of the following elements:
• Meeting emerging need (which should be demonstrated using data)
• Piloting a new initiative (with the aim of using data to seek further funding)
• Upscaling of an existing project with proven track record
• Collaboration with a Young Barnet Foundation member organisation(s)
• Support the Charitable Purposes of the Organisation
• Develop the Applicant Organisation, its staff and/or its Trustees
All Applicants are strongly encouraged to read the Eligibility Criteria before completing the application process.
Many of the terms are similar from previous Main Grant rounds with one major change which is that all applicants must allocate a minimum of £250 towards Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes for staff and/or trustees, and this should be reflected in your application budget.
As the finding decisions are overseen by an independent panel, Members may seek support and advice on their applications from Young Barnet Foundation staff. You are encouraged to contact Debra Yardley at your earliest convenience to request assistance or complete the online expression of interest.
Please note that all Grant Applications and Monitoring and Evaluation results have to be submitted online.
As Jotform does not allow users to save progress, we recommend that you download and use the Reference PDF to draft your application and copy the text across to the online form when submitting your application.
Likewise, we recommend doing similar when it comes to submitting your Monitoring and Evaluation Form (link to follow).
Main Grant Application Form
(For Reference Only)
Monitoring & Evaluation Form*
(For Reference Only)
*Please note this is a representative example of M&E requirements and is subject to change
Further information will be published here when awards are announced in January 2022. To see details of previous Main Grant awards, click here.
Space2Grow#20 in partnership with;
Space2Grow, Space2Grow Childrens and Young People's Fund and Logo are branding of Young Barnet Foundation and relate to the small grant funding rounds distributed by Young Barnet Foundation on behalf of the charity and our partners.